Friday, February 21, 2014

protection

My brother recently asked me if I was going to take any sort of protection with me to Spain. He meant something along the lines of pepper spray. But my mother had another idea.

Saint Christopher: patron saint of travelers.


When my parents started dating my mother lived in Iowa and my father in Ohio. As my dad's trips to Iowa became more frequent his mom bought him a Saint Christopher medal to keep him safe. Apparently it worked because every trip was a safe one. (He was even able to outrun the Xenia tornado of 1974!)

And so my mother bought me one as well. So that I will Walk With protection as I journey in less than two weeks from Ohio to Madrid to Roncesvalles to Santiago and back again.

My faith isn't in Saint Christopher alone, however. I would greatly appreciate your prayers, positive thoughts, and a little extra love shown to my family while I'm away as they claim they are going to be missing me (just a little!).


No comments:

Post a Comment