Monday, February 24, 2014

not knowing

"There was a certain freedom in not knowing everything that was ahead." - Arthur Paul Boers


I'm 8 days away from beginning my Lenten journey across Spain and I have no idea what to expect. But as the author above writes, there is a kind of freedom in that.
There will be times so hard that if I knew them in advance I might not want to take on this journey. 
There will be times so wonderful that if I knew them in advance it would be easy to want to rush ahead to seize them, skipping all the hard parts that bring the lessons that make the wonderful parts so wonderful.
Life is like that. With unexpected highs and unexpected lows that somehow perfectly balance each other out.

To Walk With Jesus is like that. With so many painful and beautiful lessons along the way.

I am truly grateful for the not knowing. Grateful that this adventure will be more wonderful and more difficult than I can even imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment