Friday, February 7, 2014

birthdays

Yesterday was my 34th birthday. 

Birthdays are always introspective days for me. I like to spend the bulk of the day alone, to think about how life has changed in the past year, what I want from the year to come, to thank the people who have Walked With me in some capacity over the course of my years, and to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me.

These are some of the thoughts I had during my time alone yesterday:

The people you celebrate your birthday with will be important to you all your life. Be they college friends, your kindergarten class, or family.

The most memorable birthdays aren’t defined by number (16, 18, 21), but by moments and the people you share them with.

The best of friends will let you celebrate being 29 for as many years as you want.

“You are only as old as you feel” should only be said in the summertime when arthritis is hibernating.
Days are less memorable than years. So it's okay if your birth-DAY doesn't live up to your expectation. You have a whole year to make 29 count. (Or 34, or whatever age you are celebrating this year!)
When people wish you happy birthday, you should respond by telling them something they do that inspires you and brings you joy. After all, we didn't come into this world to be praised, but to spread love and light to everyone we meet. 

So, in honor of my birthday week, I hope you all will feel cherished and loved, and do your part to let that love spread like wildfire. Because if I could have just one wish it would be for us all to show love and feel loved, each and every day.

A beautiful, snowy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment