Monday, February 17, 2014

determination

There are two kinds of people in this world.

There are the people who hear "you can't do that" and feel fear.

And then there is my sister-in-law who hears "you can't do that" and takes it as a personal challenge.

Which is how we--two people who have never frosted a cake in their lives--ended up making four princess cakes for yesterday's birthday extravaganza.

And while we--emboldened by a dozen containers of frosting and a box of wine--were pretty impressed with our results, nothing compared to the priceless faces of my nieces when their cakes were revealed.







I don't know that there are more cakes in our future. But I do know that when faced with a challenge I would much rather Walk With determination like my sis and meet the challenge head-on.


No comments:

Post a Comment