Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I have something to offer?

It sounds like something you would read on a fortune cookie:
"You will bring something to the people you walk with." 
But Mr. L said it to me--ME--while we were chatting on the phone yesterday.

He was telling me about his experience walking el Camino de Santiago--nearly 500 miles across Spain. The food he ate. The blisters he popped. The lifelong friends he made. The woman longing for intimacy with God. The man about to get married who wanted to take a month to think about the responsibility of being a husband and father (his wife is one lucky lady!!).

And then, in reference to my own upcoming journey, he said those fortune cookie words:


I honestly had never considered that one of the reasons I am called to this journey, and called to it now, is because I have something to offer the people I will walk with. I fully expect to learn from them and learn from God and learn about myself. But to stop and realize that I have something to offer? It feels like a huge responsibility! And one I am nervous and excited to take on. 

So for the next month (only a month until I leave?!! Can you believe it?!!) I'll be praying over that responsibility, as well as praying for those I will walk with. Will you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment