Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 47

Day 47: Resurrection Sunday

Today was a day of reflecting on all I have to be thankful for.

Being in a country that honors the message of Easter in such a grand way. Allowing me to worship and pray and remember publicly the One who made it all possible.

The support of loved ones, family and friends, who show me acceptance and understanding, forgiveness and grace every day.

Spending 4 days in this beautiful town, time enough to see familiar faces, know my way around without a guidebook, and differentiate the chiming of the church bells (which means the time, which is alerting me that I have 30 minutes to get to church, which is a celebration chime, etc.).

My health. That even though my foot continues to pain me, it is minor compared to the health battles that others face in this life.

The hotel staff who have cared for me this weekend, from making me breakfast to being good company to lecturing me about taking only a short walk if I insist on leaving on Monday. They, too, have become part of my Camino family.

I feel especially grateful to have taken this time off to participate in the life of a community and give Easter the focused attention it is due.

I pray each one of you also had a blessed Easter, filled with gratitude and joy and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment