Friday, January 31, 2014

journey, take 2

Carol, who does baking and crafting with my nieces once a week, pointed out to me that Tysen draws her stick people from the feet up. 

While my grandmother is a very gifted artist, I got the short end of that paintbrush. So I've been paying attention to Tysen's creative expression ever since, totally jealous and inspired by the way she grounds her people and builds them from the earth up.


While the end result may not be that much different than any her sisters draw (from the head down), it's the journey--the process of getting there, the way she progresses--that makes Tysen unique.

The same can be said of life. While life inevitably ends in death, the life we live, the journey we take, the unique plan and purpose of our lives, makes each of us distinct, special, irreplaceable.

So, while my journey may look vastly different from yours, it doesn't make mine better, or worse. It simply makes it mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment