Tuesday, January 21, 2014

brave

"Come on, be brave," Kenzi taunted me at the dinner table.

A challenge to be brave is like a double-dog dare. And so I grabbed the lemon wedge she was holding and took a big bite out of it.

The sour look that immediately appeared on my face made her laugh and laugh.


Brave is another word that is rising for me this year. For all the same reasons that commitment is. Because every commitment, every journey, every new day requires me to be brave.

I am inspired by the bravery of others and want to be remembered as someone who was brave.

I want to be brave in the midst of difficulty and uncertainty. I want to brave the weather and new heights. I never want my mind or the world's expectations to prevent me from doing whatever it is I want and need and am called to do.

It is how I want to live. With boldness. And courage. Accepting that I can feel fear but follow through anyway.

http://kellyraeroberts.com/
But again, is this THE word of the year? Is this how I am to focus my energy and attention in 2014? I'm still not sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment