Thursday, January 23, 2014

explore

"I want to go to Spain for Lent," I told my mom.

"You always have liked to explore," she replied.



Last year I absolutely fell in love with the word "embrace". But, at times, opening myself to anything and everything felt shallow. Like I was merely scraping the surface of all that the universe wanted to offer.

Which is why I love the word "explore".

To explore is to go deeper. To investigate. To get to the heart of the matter. And open my heart as well.

To me it also implies nature. Already this year I have explored caves and ruins, beaches and snowdrifts. Walking, riding, tubing, and flying. Sunrises and sunsets. Gale force winds and subzero temps.

And I especially love this definition of "explore" from the free dictionary: "to travel for the purpose of discovery". This is precisely why I travel. To learn a place. To discover its secrets. To see what it reveals to me about me. And you. And us.

I definitely plan to explore this year. But is it the lens with which I'm to view the world each and every day???


No comments:

Post a Comment