Tuesday, March 4, 2014

today is the day

Today is the day!!

Six months ago today "I" came up with this crazy plan to walk across Spain for Lent. It felt like a long time then, but now I can't believe how fast and full it has been. The preparation has been as much mental, emotional, and spiritual as it has been physical. And I imagine being stretched in all those ways over the next 52 days. 

I keep thinking back to the mantra we came up with to guide us this year:
Today I will be brave, honor my commitments, explore life to the fullest, enjoy the journey, and take time to selah--pause and calmly praise God for that.
We are certainly fulfilling that prophecy!

Today I feel brave. Today I am honoring my commitment to this journey. I will explore. I will enjoy. I will selah. And it all begins at 3:55 p.m. when I board a plane in Columbus, Ohio, make a quick stop in Philly, and wake up tomorrow in Madrid.

In the meantime, I had one last family dinner, tucked in my nieces one last time, hugged my brother and sister-in-law, kissed my nephew and my boyfriend, took one last walk with Jovi this morning, paid one last bill, saw one last Ohio sunrise, and will have one last lunch with my parents before I say goodbye for almost 8 weeks.

It is my hope that I will be able to continue to blog and update you each day, probably in the early afternoon for you eastern time zone folk (I'll be 6 hours ahead). But who knows what the coming days will hold! Regardless, I promise to walk with you and your prayers. Thank you for walking with me and mine.

Going to miss my walking buddy Jovi!

One last Ohio sunrise

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy and safe travels Katie..I have enjoyed reading your blogs and will be looking forward to reading about your journey..I'm not sure if you know me..but I'm pretty sure you have seen me..I am known as "Miss Nicki" to the "girls"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Nicki!! The girls are so lucky to have such wonderful role models in their lives! Thank you for being one of them!!

      Delete