Monday, March 3, 2014

last minute list


Anytime you are preparing for a long journey there are lots of "last minute" things that need done. Packing. One last minute trip to the store. Laundry. Another last minute trip to the store. Eating everything in your refrigerator. Going to the store because you now have nothing in your refrigerator. Your mom reminding you not to forget your passport (thanks Mom!). Figuring out how to use whatever new gadgets you bought for your journey (watch/camera/global phone/tracking apps). Plus trying to fit in time with EVERYONE who is important to you (anyone want to go to the store with me?).

I anticipate coming home from Spain with a deeper appreciation for quality time with the people I love. And with strangers. So I'm really glad that my "send off" weekend was full of quality time. Two couples and 7 children around the dinner table. Dinner out and movies in with my boyfriend. Lots of walks with my dog.

Due to the ice/sleet/snow storm not all of my plans for quality time with important friends this weekend were able to happen. But I am glad that I took time out of packing and going to the store to spend time with the ones I could.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to call my grandma. And go to the store...


No comments:

Post a Comment