Thursday, September 25, 2014

thanks to those who pray

It's pouring down rain in California today.


I'm working and listening to the K-Love radio station. A station I listened to in Ohio. A station based here in Sacramento.

The DJ came on a few minutes ago and said, "I'm looking out my window and it is raining. Really raining. It's an answer to prayer."

I looked out my window and saw the same view.

From the drought in California to the raging wildfires that have encompassed over 95,000 acres just east of us, rain truly is an answer to prayer. The prayers of countless people around the world who have heard the news of the need here.

The DJ went on to not only thank God for rain, but to thank the people for their prayers.

It made me think about how often our prayers are answered but we fail to thank God. And fail to thank the people we asked to pray for us.

So let me just take this moment to thank all of you for your prayers this year. They have been felt and they have been heard and they have been answered. And thank you God for leading and guiding, knowing our needs and answering our prayers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment